Monday, December 17, 2012

Warhammer Total War, or as I know it, WARHAMMER TOTAL WAR!!!!!!!!!


So a couple weeks ago two of my favorite companies I love to waste my time and money on decided they are going to get together and have this nerd's dream child. No real details are out, release date, style, details, playable races and so forth, but I am already incredibly jacked. In fact Bob and I have been talking about the need for a Warhammer Total War game. It is already perfectly set up for a Total War, the races are laid out, the map is pretty much worked out, how units perform against each other, and how much they are worth is already set up, Creative Assembly just needs to translate that stuff to the computer. Warhammer Total War could easily be my favorite computer game ever. I have loved pretty much all of the Total Wars, and thanks to Steam I know that I have 588 hours on Empire Total War, I can imagine that I will spend at least this much time on Warhammer Total War whenever it comes out. Even if the game doesn't live up to unrealistic standards I have in my mind, I will buy it.


What I want to see is all the races playable with all the different units Warhammer already has. I wouldn't mind terribly if the first release only held the races considered in the Old World, Empire, Dwarves, Brettonia, Wood Elves, Beastmen, Skaven, Chaos, Orks, Ogre and Vampire Counts. Then they could do DLCs for the other half(ish), hopefully releasing them and their lands all together, Lizardmen, High Elves, Dark Elves, Tomb Kings. I imagine the map system could work largely like it does in Empire Total War, with the main area being the Old World, then separate maps for the New World and Tomb King areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment