Friday, December 28, 2012

Some ruminations

Hey folks Bob here,

I figured I would actually post something for a change (a shock I know). Nothing too drastic, just some thoughts on the state of the hobby and a few ideas for things to come. First off I am sad to say I haven't gotten a whole lot done recently on the hobby front. I bad case of painting malaise has set in over the past few weeks and progress has been slow on project completion. Currently I am working on some Wolf Guard Terminators, Ragnar Blackmane, a Wolf Priest, some Cadian Guard, and Terminator Librarian for my Grey Knights, a Land Raider for the GK as well, and last but not least the limited edition Chaplin from the Dark Vengence box. It is a lot of stuff I know, but I find that having a lot of different projects going at once (when it isn't overwhelming) serves to break up the monotony of painting the same colors over and over again. I have been trying out some new techniques on my Guard to liven up the painting methodology (more on this later).

Also I have been doing a lot of hobby related reading as of late. I have been toying with the idea of doing some book reviews for some of my vast collection of Black Library novels so look for that in the near future. I think I will also start giving my thought to some of the more recent army books for both Warhammer and 40k. These won't be reviews per say, but rather a highlight of what I do and don't like about the books, my experiences with the armies, and what made my buy the book in the first place. Expect this as the first book I will be reviewing.



I also have a back log of historical minis to blather about so expect some Saxon v.s. Viking goodness in the future as well as a discussion of some 28mm scifi soldiers from Defiance Games and Wargames Factory.

 John and I recently played a game of Warhammer Fantasy so expect a battle report for that in the near future. As always happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment