Thursday, June 4, 2015

Building and magnetizing some Cult Mechanicus models

Hey folks!

Bob here with a look at what I am building and converting these days. I recently purchased a set of the new Kataphron tracked servitors and I am currently in the process of converting them with magnets so I can field them as either the Breachers or Destroyers. Thankfully this hasn't involved a whole lot of work on my end. Some green (or in this case gray) stuff and magnets. Here are some photos of the process and end result.

My rather crappy attempt at greenstuffing the magnet into place for the destroyer weapon mount. It fits securely with the weapon at least.
I drilled out the shoulder socket and managed to get the magnet flush and secure inside the socket.

the finished product

the Breacher finished product. Not elegant by any means but it works


I also picked up one on the new Magos Dominus models and did some very simple and quick magnetizing to allow me to use any of his included weapons.

the model is actually larger than a Terminator and mounted on the same base. The points of contact are really sketchy and had to be super glued. Here is hoping he stays put

Pistol arm magnet

weapon mount magent

That about covers it for my Cult Mechanicus work for now. I will have my thoughts on both the Skitarii and the Cult books out here in a bit. Until next time, happy gaming!






  

7 comments:

  1. Looking good! I really did the Magus models, I haven't seen it yet in person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing informarmation. It is nice blog, and you have described every things properly. I feed glad to read your blog. keep It up. If you want to know more information about computer vision cloud ai software, Once you can check in Kamivision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man,Keep it up. Meanwhile visit our website for symbiosis project report

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am Sikha Agarwal, the proud owner of TWG Handicraft. I read your blog and its really awesome. Apart from that we are the verified Wholesale Return Gift Items Manufacturer in Delhi with a wide range of Handicraft gift items, Indoor Water Fountain, Polyresin Statue Showpiece, God Idols, Animal Figurine showpiece, Gold Plated Statues, Silver Plated Statues, Car Dashboard Statues, Gift Items, Paintings, God Frames, Yantras, Personalized Gifts & Corporate Gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am Parker. Your blogs are awesome & I love to read more blogs. Apart from that I want to share some great ideas to buy Corporate Diwali Gifts for Employees, Client and Customers.

    ReplyDelete