Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Somethings on my table

Terrible Hobbyist John here,

Finally had more than five minutes for painting, so I got some things done this weekend and decided to share.

Name Pending
 So I decided to throw a lot of grey paint around and got the first layer done on my Chimera, take notice of the dozer blade, more on that later. Going with a much simpler overall pattern compared to the Judgement. I might do a 'gradient' pattern to the chimeras to make different than my Russes. Nothing fancy just add a white and darker grey stripe on either side of the stripes already there.
Banner Bearer, First Platoon Command Squad

Added the white to the flag and the model, really want the command squad to pop compared to the rest of the boys.

First Squad First Platoon aka the rest of the boys
So really just have to base these guys and get the squad markings written on them and they are done for my purposes.
Rest of the Boys
Showing off my orange striping, which is purposefully supposed to almost go away from the front and other side view.

Judgement with the dozer, wait didn't you see that before?
Added a few more details to the Judgement, another layer of mud, painted the sponson weapons and light. and yes that is the same dozer blade. How you ask? Magnets you say? Sadly not yet but that's the idea.

Da Blade
So i nicked up the standard dozer blade, drilled some holes in it, 2 of those go all the way through the rest are just divots. I have since scratched up the main surface of the blade, it looks too clean in this pick. I got this look through several washes, a bronze wash for rust, brown for dirt lower, then black at the holes to make it looked like it was burned there.

In the two months I have been MIA this is all I have gotten done. Fall is an incredibly busy time for me, and I have not bought anything hobby related in months. I have a few things I want to get but thats all on hold for now. See you in two months.....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for giving us such a helpful information. You can also visit our website for amity project maker

    ReplyDelete