Monday, February 16, 2015

Bolt Action battle No.2 and what I have been painting.

Howdy, folks!



This past Friday I got to get my second game of Bolt Action in. I decided to take my American Airborne force this time for another 500 point match. Check out Da Masta Cheef's blog for a battle report.

So what are my thoughts on a Paratrooper only army? Well, to start off let me say that rolling fairly shittily again did indeed factor into my thoughts on the force I fielded. I was outnumbered practically 2:1 (as Airborne should be), but my dice allowed me none of the heroics of 101st or 82nd. The very clear advantages of fielding a all veteran force is the high leadership (10) and the 5+ required to wound them. The very clear disadvantage is the possibility of being heavily outnumbered. I think the main issue I had in fielding this formation was not being aggressive enough. I also probably should not have taken 2 almost full squads. Fire teams would have been a better option in hindsight. Just some things to think about for the next go around. I am really enjoying Bolt Action so far though. I can't wait to get some more games in!

Now for the second part of this post. While things have been fairly hectic lately, I have somehow managed to finish a few models. I recently got 3 Death Guard Grave Warden terminators through trade, and in a fit of productivity I managed to clean off the Death Guard iconography and get them painted up as part of my growing Iron Warriors.





I also finally finished up the Empire Greatswords I had been working on.











And here is a random Halberdier I decided to paint up on a whim.

Cheers folks and happy gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment