Thursday, August 20, 2015

How I reacted to some of the Age of Sigmar Rumors

I read the rumors, and talked to some people who all had me freaking out about the state of Warhammer:Fantasy. I had read they were pulling boxes off the shelves and even that GW stores were no longer allowing Fantasy games to be played. Before this happened I was determined to go into my local store and drop some serious money and buy up whatever I could.

This past Sunday (8.9.15) I was there poking through stuff I was looking for, Dwarf Organ Gun, Lizardmen stuff (more on this later), Chaos and maybe skaven; I talked with the owner/operator of the store. He asked me what brought me in, and I told him I was here to buy before Fantasy stuff got pulled. He laughed, and said that wasn't happening, and Fantasy was safe. He informed me that they were just reboxing stuff, and had just gotten some of the Wood Elf stuff back, and next week were getting some of the Skaven Plague Rats. He said he had not been informed by GW to pull anything, though he did qualify the statement by saying that he could get an email next week saying to pull stuff. So I was mollified to an extent, and decided I wasn't going to spend all of my savings on whatever I could. So instead of a way serious shopping spree I just bought a Lizardmen Stegadon, Lizardmen Saurus Calvary and a box of IG Guardsmen and Scions, to finish the squad of veterans I began earlier.

Stegadon body complete
While I have a rather large Lizardmen army it is mostly lizards and no dinosaurs, and I felt that needed correcting. So I added a stegadon to my army and to do list.


Stegadon complete. Added an extra set of horns to the head, was thinking about adding to the tail, but couldn't figure out how to make it work.
I will be running this guy as an Ancient Stegadon with an Engine of the Gods, for all the extra buffs it gives out. Will have to play test, using it fully as support, trying to avoid combat, or if I am going to let it get stuck in.

Stegadon w/ Howdah complete
Pretty awesome model, it was about this stage of construction I realized I should have painted the stegadons back before completing assembly. Always do that, never think through the painting process. I just glued the skinks on lightly so I could remove for more complete painting.

forgive the lighting- stegadon complete with skink riders (5)
One bonus to the Stegadon kit was that it comes with a skink priest and a skink chieftan, so I have two new characters to go along with my new stegadon.

I am still experimenting with lighting solutions, they are always too dark or too bright, I can never find the goldilocks lighting situation in my apt. I will have an article up on painting this guy soon.

4 comments:

  1. They're not just reboxing, I'm pretty sure that they're replacing the square bases with round ones too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always loved the lizardmen. Such awesome beasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some of the cooler beasties for sure.

      Delete
  3. Thanks a lot for giving us such a helpful information. You can also visit our website for imt ghaziabad project report

    ReplyDelete